From your dashboard, you have access to a Cluster page, where you can add your colleagues, stakeholders, clients or whoever is involved in your Feedback program.
- Head over to Users/Clusters and click "Invite New Users"
- Complete the Name, Email address and assign which cluster they should be in.
- Choose the role that they require
- Click on the user menu button, then head over to Users/Clusters and click "Create a New Cluster"
- Add a name and select which cluster it should fit under.
Note: Anyone that can see a sub-cluster can access it, but if you're in a sub-cluster you won't see the parent cluster.
Parent clusters contain the data of sub-clusters (see example below)
Example: Three clusters are attached to your Organization
- Primary cluster (always present)
- Users from the primary team can access both France and US sub clusters including the forms, feedback, and user stories saved.
- Users from the France cluster can only view and access France forms, feedback, and user stories and not the US ones.
- If a new sub cluster was made under France, for example 'Paris', France and the Primary Team would be able to see Paris, but Paris and the US can only see their own clusters.
Navigating inside sub clusters
You'll always see the current cluster you're in, and then have the ability to 'Access' a new sub cluster.
Head back to the Users/Clusters page to switch back to your original cluster when you need.