Context Attributes in Feedier represent data that give extra information about the participant and Feedback. They bring context to your answers. They are also known as metadata. Here are a few examples:
- Product ID
- Manager name
Why are context attributes important?
By attaching to your feedback, they can then be searched and viewed at a later date in order to build cohorts and start to measure patterns and trends. What you choose very much depends on your use case and what your KPIs are.
Reasons to attach Context Attributes:
- Context: Get all the context for a given individual Feedback, so when bad Feedback is received, you can get a much better understanding of correlated data. You can also use it to search for individual feedback. ie. Employee ID.
- Segments: You can have certain Segments track incoming context attributes in order to be alerted or real time. You could also use it as a measuring tool group your data based on specific Context Attributes ie. Department, Client Name,...
- Benchmark: Using the benchmark report, you can compare dataset A vs dataset B and see which one is performing better.
How do you add context attributes?
There are two kinds of Context Attributes, visible ones: you do not know the information, and invisible ones: you do know the information already.
Visible Context Attributes
The visible Context Attributes are a separate question type that you can add just like any other type of question in the form.
- In the form builder, add a new question and choose the “Context Attributes” type
Here you can ask the information that you need from the respondent. You can choose from a text field and a number field.
Invisible Context Attributes
When you already know the information, it’s better not to ask for it again as this is tedious for your participants and saves on time completing the form.
Here are the ways you can embed context attributes into your form:
- In the links, with enriched links.
- In the emails/sms with enriched pushes.
- By attaching automated workflows through custom development.
- Picking up website meta data and attaching to the web widget as a data-custom-fields string.
Note: Once Context Attributes are added in the emails/sms, links, widget or to your database, they are automatically created and attached to Feedback.